Mineral School Artist Residency

Mineral School Artist Residency
Daydreamer's Journal – installation at Bainbridge Island Museum of Art

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Bees Knees


 I have a lot of creative irons in the fire.

The newest, direct animation, is so much fun! I started letterpress printing on film leader, and have two very short clips below. One is bees and butterflies, the other is a font of type set in the press before distribution. It makes a crazy sound, like a cello! This is the ink printed over the sound file on the edge of the film. I love it! (You might turn your sound down a tad, it's a little loud.)

 
 
I'm having a great time with all the different processes I've been engaging, but find it hard to switch gears. This weekend I am off to do a bunch of video work on beautiful Bainbridge Island!

2 comments:

  1. the films are nifty, the butterfly one is so butterflyish. and the letters making that cello sound crack me up-it's like they're resisting you making them into words and instead doing what they want to. at least, those are my first impressions. i would love a samosa or two, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Velma, love your interpretation, first impressions are best — yes, like the letters are resisting! You will have to come here for your samosas, I'm afraid. But since you'll soon be in the neighborhood, maybe we can work something out!

    ReplyDelete