Mineral School Artist Residency

Mineral School Artist Residency
Daydreamer's Journal – installation at Bainbridge Island Museum of Art

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Laughing Dog Press

How precious the memories are from 1990 when I was learning to print letterpress from Rayna Holtz at Laughing Dog Press! Rayna and the ideas behind this press were foundational to the way I started May Day Press. Laughing Dog Press was committed to only printing works that reflected their values of social justice and environmental themes. They infused me with the idea of holding a vision of service in what I created. I am so grateful for all of it.  


Today, I am lucky to be able to collaborate with Rayna's son, Morgan Holtz. He's a gifted woodworker making elegant and functional works.

No comments:

Post a Comment