Mineral School Artist Residency

Mineral School Artist Residency
Daydreamer's Journal – installation at Bainbridge Island Museum of Art

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Six Days Left

The last print is finished for Mother Time. Of course I still have the cover and title page, and four more pieces of text to set in type and print. I have 6 days now to deliver the book, and can't believe I am stopping to post, but my feet and body and mind get tired. Plus, I thought maybe I could work on the cover design. Ha!

Here is the text for the image above: Besides the obvious doubling of thirty, sixty has its own measure in the moon and correspondences to Earth. 6 x 6 x 60 = 2,160 = the moon’s diameter in miles. In the ancient Hindu system of measure, there are 21,600 breaths per day to equal ten times the moon’s diameter. The mean distance between the earth and moon is 60 x 60 x 60 = 216,000 miles. We can only wonder that the ancient Sumerians chose this base 60 system to measure by, thereby keeping in perspective their relationship to the moon, the sun and the planets. We still use this system today to measure time.

Funny to read this again and think about my 6 days left!

Last night I had a dream about the cups that chain down from our gutters. During our Thanksgiving cold snap everything had frozen up. I took a picture of them then, and for some reason dreamed of them all frozen up again last night. Maybe I was cold. Below freezing temperatures, but no snow, are in the forecast again.

Billy just came home from a geometry night with a friend. Yippee, that means my work day is over now!

2 comments: