Mineral School Artist Residency

Mineral School Artist Residency
Daydreamer's Journal – installation at Bainbridge Island Museum of Art

Thursday, August 26, 2010

"Is That A Pistil In Your Pocket

or are you just happy to see me?"

I was dying to use this variation on the famous Mae West quote in my book, Erotica Botanica, back when I had other ideas of what my book was to be.

These are some of the flower prints for the pop-up version of Erotica Botanica.

I am working pretty hard, and can't really focus on blog posting these days. But I thought it would be nice to at least post a proof of some flowers and some real flowers that are thick into their "reproductive behavior." I love euphemisms.







This orchid cactus is not native to here and lives indoors. I don't think it has a friend to help it out.


Bill is at the kitchen table trying to rescue me from my latest registration "challenge." I think I should go help him now.

1 comment:

  1. my sweetie says everything is about sex. think about THAT for a bit!!! lovely flowers, your garden must be wondrous.

    ReplyDelete